Wednesday, March 27, 2013

DRI: One More Week


I hope to see some readers at next week's DRI Products Liability Conference in National Harbor, Maryland.  The conference kicks off Tuesday evening with a networking reception and ends Friday afternoon.  I have previously blogged about this year's conference (here for all the details).  I am looking forward to making the trip, as this will be my fourth conference. 

As I have previously discussed in prior blog posts, I am Vice-Chair of the Agricultural, Construction, Mining and Industrial Equipment ("ACMIE") Specialized Litigation Group.  We will have our breakout session next Wednesday afternoon, and we will have three outstanding presentations.  Kurt Meaders (Sedgwick LLP) and Jaime Myers (Caterpillar Inc.) will present a program entitled "Shifting Gears on the Opposition's Experts--Deposition, Daubert, and Trial."  Emily Muceus (Deere & Company) and Robert Walker (Gallagher Walker Bianco & Plastaras) will present a program entitled "From the Trenches: Trial Strategies in High Exposure, Bad Venue ACMIE Cases."  Finally, we will do our annual "Top 10" ACMIE cases, which will be presented by Christopher Robinson (Frost Brown Todd, LLC).  Our program is planned for April 3, 2013 from 3:30 to 5:30 p.m., so please consider it if you attend the conference. 

Finally, fellow ACMIE member Mike McWilliams and I are hosting two "luncharounds" on April 3 and April 4.  Mike is hosting the April 3 lunch at McLoone's Pier House, and I am hosting the April 4 lunch at Pienza Restaurant.  Space is limited to ten people per lunch (first come first serve), so please email me at bcomer@collinsandlacy.com if you want to get your name of the list for either of these ACMIE luncharounds.

Hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment