Wednesday, February 23, 2011

South Carolina Bar "Distance Learning" CLE Presentation on Warnings Law

I have been asked by the South Carolina Bar to do a one hour "Distance Learning" presentation on South Carolina warnings law based on the article I recently had published in South Carolina Lawyer. I guess I did not realize that the Bar offers these types of videotaped programs for CLE credit, but I was very happy to be offered the opportunity to do it.

We have tentatively scheduled the videotaping for April 19, 2011, but my hope is that we can do it sooner (depending on how some scheduling works out). I intend to cover much of the material written about in South Carolina Lawyer article. However, because of space constraints for that particular article, I had to cut out much of the text relating to limitations on the duty to warn in South Carolina (I hope to have the material that was cut published as a separate article in the near future). Therefore, this presentation will afford me the opportunity to cover that material, as well.

If there are any lawyers licensed in South Carolina who practice out of state, or any in-state lawyers who just need the convenience of a video CLE, I invite you to be on the lookout for this new addition. I assume you will be able to find it listed here, but will update this post once the presentation goes online.

No comments:

Post a Comment