Friday, July 15, 2011

Upcoming Webinar: "Warnings - Scope of and Exceptions to Duty to Warn"

My firm is a member of the Primerus network of law firms, and on July 21, 2011 at 2 p.m. ET, I am going to be presenting in a webinar entitled "Warnings - Scope of and Exceptions to Duty to Warn."  I am one of three speakers who will be discussing the various limitations on the duty to warn in a products liability case.  We anticipate that the webinar will last between an hour and an hour-and-a-half.  It will include a powerpoint presentation of the various topics discussed, and my co-presenters include Rick Quinlivan and John Brydon.  Both of these gentlemen also have extensive experience in products liability cases and warnings cases (in particular).

I have written numerous blog posts and articles about South Carolina's limitations on the duty to warn , so this is a topic that is fairly familiar to me.  (See, e.g., this post, this postthis article, and this article).  This webinar takes a more general, national approach to this topic so as to provide the audience with some high-level guidance for application in various jurisdictions.

Although I try to keep this blog fairly "even keel" in terms of plaintiff and defense themes/perspectives, this webinar is presented as part of the Primerus Defense Institute, so it is primarily focused on defense strategies in a warnings case.  If you are interested in registering for this webinar, go to this link for more information.  I hope you will join us for what should be an informative presentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment