Monday, November 19, 2012

Upcoming December 12 "Milestone" and Webinar

On December 12, 2012, two BIG things are happening.  First, yours truly turns the big 4-0.  Yes, the 40th birthday is at hand.  Funny...I don't feel any different than I did at age 20.  The big difference is the change in responsibility.  A good friend and former colleague of mine, Will Thomas, and I once had a conversation once about getting older.  I have often laughed at his explanation because of the way he phrased it and also the accuracy of his statement.  Paraphrased, he said it best:
I don't feel much different than when I was in college.  I'm still as ready to go out with friends as the next guy...stay up late...have fun.  However, regardless of what I do the night before, come 7 a.m., my son is waking up.  And from then on, it's "on" regardless of what I want to do or how I feel.
Very true statement.  I'm older, and (hopefully) a little wiser, but no matter what I want to do with my time, when the chirrens wake up and it is time to go to work, it's "on."

The other "big" thing happening December 12th is I am assisting with another Primerus webinar.  As I have stated in prior posts, my firm is a proud member of the International Society of Primerus Law Firms, and I serve on the Products Liability Executive Committee for the Primerus Defense Institute.  Our committee is presenting this webinar, which is entitled "Emerging Trends and Developments in Products Liability Law."  More specifically, it will provide an overview of what makes a manufacturer liable for a product in relation to a third-party component manufacturer, or even a plaintiff (i.e., by virtue of alteration or modification).  I will be joined by other Primerus lawyers John Brydon and Jeremy Cook as we speak on this topic.

These webinars are easy ways to get a nice overview of various practice areas in a short (one hour) timeframe.  It is also FREE (which is also a big selling point for this blogger).  Therefore, if you are a Primerus member or practice in-house, I invite you to join us.  Registration can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment